By Ram Dass
Sometimes illumination happens spontaneously or, as Ram Dass skilled, in a heart-wrenching second of starting. usually, it occurs after we polish the reflect of the center with day-by-day practice—and see past the appearance of our temporary suggestions and feelings to the gigantic and luminous panorama of our actual nature.
For 5 many years, Ram Dass has explored the depths of realization and love and taken them to lifestyles as carrier to others. With Polishing the Mirror, he gathers jointly his crucial teachings for dwelling within the everlasting current, right here and now.
Readers will locate inside those pages a wealthy mixture of perennial knowledge, humor, educating tales, and specified counsel on Ram Dass' personal religious practices, including:
- Bhakti Yoga—opening our hearts to unconditional love
- Practices for residing, getting older, demise, and embracing the typical move of life
- Karma Yoga—how selfless provider can profoundly remodel us
- Working with worry and affliction as a route to grace and freedom
- Step-by-step tips in devotional chant, meditation and mantra perform, and masses more
For these new to Ram Dass' teachings, and for these to whom they're previous acquaintances, this is this leading edge non secular explorer's whole consultant to researching who we're and why we're the following, and the way to turn into beacons of unconditional love.